Marine Turbulence Laboratory

Graduate Research Assistantship Available, both MS and PhD

The Marine Turbulence Laboratory within the School for Marine Science and Technology at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth invites applications from qualified students for both MS and Ph.D. programs. Research Assistantships are available for research projects in the following areas:

  • ocean turbulence
  • development of novel techniques for the measurement of ocean turbulence
  • understanding the response characteristics of our AUV, the T-REMUS.

A bachelor's degree in physics and/or mechanical/ ocean/ electrical engineering is desirable. Research would involve both analytical as well as field work. Opportunity is also available to work on joint projects with the Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

Applications to our graduate program are available from our website:

For more information, please also visit our websites: and

Interested applicants should also send by E-mail to a statement of interest and current resume to:
Professor Louis Goodman: